During this phase, preparations are made for efficient realization and closure. A good preparation phase can be critical for the chances of success.
Work to consolidate the understanding of need, results, scope and plan.
- Check for pre-conditions and any work done so far.
- Clarify the purpose of the task and its background.
- Describe objectives, time and resource limits.
- Actively seek out experiences and lessons-learned from previous similar initiatives.
- Plan and budget the task.
- Secure resources.
- Describe how and to whom the results will be delivered.
- Re-evaluate whether the idea should be carried out as a project, assignment or task, or in any other way.