People who lead subprojects and ensure that their objectives
Subproject managers are appointed when the project is so large or complex that it is divided into subprojects. The challenge is making sure that subproject objectives are met while also ensuring that these contribute to the achievement of the overall project objectives. Subprojects can allow the team members to work in well-oiled, smaller groups, even in a large project.
- Coordinate the work and keep the tempo up by active daily leadership.
- Familiarize themselves with the project’s background and playfield and agree with the project manager on the subprojects’ content.
- Confirms the subproject playfield with the project manager and updates as necessary.
- Visualize the subproject contents and results together with the team members.
- Organize the subproject and agree with the resource owners on the use of human and other resources.
- Plan their subprojects for the relevant horizon and level of detail together with the subproject team members.
- Deal with uncertainty by active risk management.
- Keep the project manager and other subproject managers informed as to status and any discrepancies.
- Are answerable to the project manager to ensure that the subprojects objectives are met and that they harmonize with other parts of the project.
- Continuously manages and documents lessons-learned in the subproject and shares the experiences.