The person with strategic responsibility for the business case/business effects of the project.
- Clarifies the business objectives and evaluates them in relation to the organization’s strategies and aims as well as the effort and risks involved in the project at each gate decision.
- Decides at each gate whether to go on with the project or close it down.
Agrees with the project manager on the project playfield (objectives and limits) and mandate.
Secures resources for the project at an overall level.
Anchors, protects and removes obstacles.
- Anchors the project with stakeholders, the management and resource owners.
- Handles conflicts of interest and makes sure that decisions are taken.
Collaborates, follows up and supports.
- Determines how collaboration with the project manager shall work in practice.
- Follows up on results, time and cost. Gives feedback.
- Decides when the project is at risk of moving outside the agreed playfield.
- Supports the project manager.
Secures results, learning and utilization.
- Approves project closure, monitors delivery to customer/user and that the responsibility for the results is transferred to the receiver.
- Secures good utilization in cooperation with the receiver so that the necessary change management takes place
- That business objectives are met, and established relationships are taken care of.
- Decides when and how the business objectives evaluation will be done.
- Checks that experiences from the project are documented and passed on.