The person or people who will take over responsibility for the project results after delivery.
- Is responsible for continued activities, such as operation, maintenance and administration.
- Familiarizes him/herself with the project’s results and business objectives.
- Specifies and communicates their requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Provides commentary and feedback during the project.
- Informs the company and the customer and about new contact persons and communication channels.
- Receives and is responsible for the list of outstanding issues.
- Receives comments on the project’s results and introduces improvements.
The receiver has the vital role of securing the project’s “life after delivery”. It is important to name someone as the receiver of the project deliverables if the project is to be finished in time and so that its participants can move on.
The receiver is also a natural sounding board for the project manager regarding like the criteria for acceptance and closure.