The Realization phase
This is the phase where the project team works to create the required results. Good cooperation from the project team, internally as well as externally is a key success factor.
- Keep the tempo up through active daily management, ensure good coordination and communication, resolving issues and removing obstacles as early as possible.
- Focus on achievements, e.g. passing milestones, making deliveries.
- Work iteratively and strive for early and successive deliveries.
- Continuously review lessons learned and refine plans to maintain a balance between overview and detail.
- Secure, maintain and release resources.
- Follow up on progress and risks, visualize these for the assignment team and stakeholders, manage changes, make decisions when needed and update status.
- Manage decisions that affect the assignment’s playfield formally, and manage the smaller changes operationally.
- Report status, with forecast, regularly and whenever larger deviations occur.
- Prepare and anchor delivery in good time and preferably make successive deliveries in order to gain early benefit for the organization.
- Clarify the required change management in order to secure realization of benefit.