The Prestudy phase
The intention is to seek, describe and select alternative solutions, and assess the concept’s value and feasibility. By describing why and how the project should be realized and what results can be achieved, understanding of the concept can be enhanced.
- Describe the background and context.
- Identify stakeholders and their needs, as well as the project’s requirements.
- Describe different possible options that may enable their fulfillment.
- Select one of the options and possibly a backup alternative.
- Clarify factors for success and other conditions relating to the chosen option and backup alternative.
- Decide whether to realize the concept as a project, or in some other way.
- Make a rough estimate of the need for skills and resources, and the time required for realization.