The Closure phase
To ensure a clear closure, we have a separate phase where the project is closed and experiences are fed back.
- Make sure that the customer/user has approved the delivery.
- Hand over responsibility for the projects results to the receiver.
- Carry out a well-defined closure, evaluate performance against objectives, etc.
- Clarify when business objectives are to be evaluated and by whom.
- Clarify and list outstanding issues, then close the project.
- Hold a lessons-learned seminar and celebrate the end of the project.
- Document and share experiences.
- Close all project formalities (financial arrangements, etc.).
- Dissolve the organization and formally close the project.