Realisation & closure phase
This is the phase when the actual work is done by the assignment team. Cooperation within the team and also externally will be a key success factor.
- Keep the tempo high by an active daily leadership, secure communications and ensure cooperation works as intended. Strive to remove hinders/barriers at the earliest opportunity.
- Focus on achievements, e.g. at milestones or deliveries.
- Strive to work with iterations with early and successive deliveries.
- Continuously review lessons learned and refine plans to maintain a balance between overview and detail.
- Secure, maintain and release resources.
- Follow up on progress and uncertainties, visualize these for the assignment team and stakeholders, manage changes, make decisions when needed and update status.
- Manage decisions that affect the assignment’s playfield formally, and manage the smaller changes operationally.
- Clarify the required change management in order to secure realization of benefit.
- Make sure that all the assignment’s deliveries are approved by the customer/user and hand over responsibility for results to the assignment’s receiver.
- Clarify when the business objectives are to be evaluated and who is responsible.
- Carry out a proper closure, map the degree of achievement of the objectives and document lessons learned.
- Make outstanding activities known by use of an outstanding issues list and close the assignment.
- Share lessons learned, celebrate the closure and dismantle the assignment organisation.