Realization and closure
This is the phase when the actual work is done. The thinking from the start phase is now realized.
- Carry out the assignment and keep the tempo up by active daily management.
- Secure, maintain and release resources.
- Follow up, generate forecasts, manage changes and update plans.
- Monitor risks and opportunities, take corrective measures.
- Make sure that communications work, both internally and externally.
- Deliver the results and make sure to get the customer/user’s approval.
- Document achievement of assignment objectives, check against the arena and note remaining items.
- Turn over responsibility to the receiver and inform stakeholders.
- Document outcomes, hold a lessons-learned seminar and share experiences.
- Finish all formalities and officially close the assignment.
- Describe how and when performance against business objectives should be measured and who will be responsible.