The person responsible for the business applicability/effects of the assignment.
- Clarifies the business objectives and evaluates them in relation to the effort and risks at each gate.
- Decides on continuing or cancelling the assignment at each gate.
Agrees the arena and mandate with the assignment manager
Secures resources for the assignment
Anchors and protects the assignment and removes obstacles
- Anchors the assignment with stakeholders, management and resource owners.
- Settles conflicts of interests and makes sure that decision are made.
Collaborates, follows up and supports
- Explains how interaction with the assignment manager should work in practice.
- Follows up results, time, cost and gives feedback.
- Decides when the assignment is at risk of moving outside the agreed arena.
- Supports the assignment manager.
Secures results, learning and utilization.
- Approves assignment closure, ensures that its results are delivered to the customer/user and that the results are transferred to the receiver.
- Works to realize the benefit of the assignment and to ensure that relationships formed during the assignment are taken care of.
- Decides when and how the business objectives will be evaluated.
- Makes sure that experiences from the assignment have been documented and passed on.