The Start phase
In this phase, preparations are made for efficient project realization.
A good start phase can be critical for the project’s chanses of success.
- Go through the background and work done so far.
- Do a stakeholder analysis.
- Clarify the project’s level of ambition by describing the business objectives.
- Describe the rest of the project arena (project objectives, exclusions, limits and conditions).
- Visualize the project, preferably using breakdown structures.
- Organize the project and describe how the interaction should work both within the project and with the project environment.
- Plan and budget the project.
- Anchor the project internally and externally and secure resources.
- Describe the opportunities and risks with the project, and proposed actions.
- Describe how the work will be followed up.