During this phase, preparations are made for efficient realization and closure of the assignment.
A good start phase can be critical for the assignment’s likelihood of success.
- Go through the background and work done so far.
- Clarify the assignment’s level of ambition by formulating its business objectives, making use of a stakeholder analysis when needed.
- Describe the arena for the assignment (objectives, time and resource limits as well as other conditions).
- Visualize the assignment, preferably using breakdown structures.
- Organize the assignment and describe how the interactions should work, both within the assignment and with its environment.
- Plan and budget the assignment.
- Anchor the assignment internally and externally and secure resources.
- Describe opportunities and risks with the assignment, and proposed actions.
- Describe how the work will be followed up and how the results will be delivered.