Takes responsibility for maintaining use of the results.
- Responsible for continuing and related post-assignment activity, such as managing and administrating operations, maintenance and competence development.
- Familiarizes him/herself with the assignment’s results and business objectives at an early stage.
- Continuously expresses their expectations.
- Provides input and commentary throughout the assignment.
- Informs about new contacts and communication channels.
- Receives, and is responsible for the list of outstanding issues.
- Receives comments on the assignment’s results and initiates improvements.
The receiver has the vital role of securing ‘life after delivery‘. It is important to name someone as the receiver so that the assignment can finish in time, allowing team members to move on.
The receiver is also a natural sounding board for the assignment manager regarding things like acceptance and closure criteria.