Uses the deliverables resulting from an assignment.
- Describes and communicates their requirements with background.
- Describes and communicates other expectations, for example how reporting and other information exchange should be done.
- Monitors and gives feedback throughout the assignment.
- Carries out reviews and tests to ensure that specifications and requests have been met.
The Customer only:
- Communicates delivery/acceptance criteria and takes delivery.
- Assesses likelihood of achieving customer business objectives.
The customer/user has the difficult job of being clear about requirements in what is often an unclear current situation. Needs to discuss with the assignment manager how to deal with questions to which there are no clear answers at the start, and how to deal with future changes.
A high level of trust between the customer/user and assignment manager will make things easier. Make sure to establish a good dialogue early on. This is just as important in the relationship between the assignment sponsor and the customer/user’s Business Manager.